StickNav

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Rosy Talk {with The Quirky Conservative}

Yay! It’s time for another Rosy Talk! Tell me what you think of this new series. Do you love it or do you hate it? This week we have another blogger, her name is Mandy and her blog is called The Quirky Conservative (sounds so cute, right?). Mandy is so darling, it would be a shame if you didn’t check out her blog. Now, let’s start this interview.
10723962_375934069238937_1744915199_n

Why did you decided to start a blog?

My personalities and interests used to be all over the place, and they still kind of are. It has been my goal from the beginning to use my blog as a way of self discovery and an aid in finding out exactly who I am, especially before I go off to college and enter the real work force.  Through blogging, I have started to better understand what I stand for and why. 

Describe your style in three words.

10554089_263398507193400_1157524399_n

Is my personal catch phrase of "sassy, optimistic, and a little bit darling" applicable here?! 

You are apart of Smart Girls Group. How did you get involved in the magazine/brand?

I found out about SGG through Quincy's post in the HerCampus High School Ambassador Facebook group page. They were looking for someone to write their fitness column for the Guide, and I quickly snatched that up! 

10597356_783346018355433_599867358_n

What is your role in SGG and what do you do (in that role)? 

I still write the monthly fitness column for the Guide, it is oh so much fun! I accepted the position of the Head of New Media for the Smart Girls Group last spring. In this position, I provide vision, staffing, leadership, management, and content for a team of eight social media managers and two social media interns. Basically, I oversee the material shared on our social media sights!

What is one piece of advice you want give girls?

Keep things covered up, always. For a girl to show that she is confident enough in her personality that she can dress modestly (and act mature) exudes confidence. 

Favorite Fashion Trend of the Fall season? 

tqc3

Scarves! Though I wear scarves year round, Fall is the first time I can break out my heavy scarves (which I love even more than my lighter spring/summer ones). I love keeping my chest covered up so I don't have to worry about people not making eye contact with me (if you know what I mean). 

How long have you been dancing and what do you love most about it?

10611271_1453766254893586_1184439292_n

I've been dancing since I was 3! I was in training to become a professional ballerina, so i used to dance 35 hours a week. I broke my foot my sophomore year and once I decided to come back, I became really sick and even had to have surgery. Now I'm just dancing 3 hours a week and a new, not so serious studio. I love ballet because it is who I am. When I'm dancing, I feel beautiful. Really, truly, beautiful (Even though my face probably reads of agony).

See more of Mandy…

No comments :

Post a Comment